Look for the above petition station at The Joinery!
– Sign the petition sheet
– Take some of the spare sheets if you want to collect petition signatures
– Return filled sheets via the slot in the side of the box
– See the left side of the clipboard for instructions and contact details
Climate Emergency Declaration petition to SA Lower House
The SA Upper House passed a Climate Emergency Declaration motion on 25 September 2019. Now let’s ask the SA Parliament Lower House to do the same!
NOTE: Under new SA petition legislation passed in October 2019, a formal on-paper petition like this one will ensure a response from the relevant Minister IF the petition meets all the requirements and we collect 10,000 signatures. We have verified that the petition sheet below meets State Government requirements. Please ensure that signatures also comply by adhering to the following dot points:
– Each signature must be accompanied by the first and last name of the signer and their suburb, all in the person’s own handwriting (full street address is not necessary)
– Don’t write or stick anything else on the petition sheet
– All signatures must be on the front of the sheet (signatures on the back aren’t counted)
– Anyone who is old enough to understand the petition and write their own name can sign
– All signers must be residents of SA
– Each person can only sign this petition once
Please help collect signatures!
Click here to download the petition sheet and print as many as you need.
Return filled petition sheets by placing them in the petition return box at the Joinery, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide
post to PO Box 3, LPO Holden Hill, SA 5088
If you will be collecting signatures, please email Beth and Maxine at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we have your email address and can contact you when we have a cut-off date for returning petition sheets.
Feel free to join the SA CED petition group on Facebook group if you’d like to keep in the loop re progress so far.
Note: We have set Feb 1 2020 as an ‘interim’ cut-off date for returning signed petition sheets. At that point we will count how many signatures have been collected. If we don’t yet have 10,000 signatures we will continue collecting them until we do.
This petition is an initiative by several SA individuals rather than any particular group. It will be submitted to Parliament at a suitable time soon after it reaches 10,000 signatures.
Click to go to a Facebook post to SHARE to ask others to help collect signatures
Questions? Contact Beth and Maxine at email@example.com